Thursday, June 19, 2008

June 20th is West Virginia Day

I was listening to West Virginia Morning on public radio today. One of the segments focused on the blog, abetterwestvirginia.com, and the blogger Jason Keeling. He encouraged bloggers to use West Virginia Day (which is Friday) to focus on all the many positive aspects of the state.

I'm a new resident of West Virginia, and it's nice to hear there's a day that celebrates the state and its people. I like the natural and wild areas in the region. Plus, my coworkers and other people here in the Charleston area have been very nice to me. People are friendly, helpful, and generous.

1 comment:

Bob Coffield said...

Thanks for participating in the WV blogger effort and welcome to WV. Great to see you on the list and have added your blog to my blogroll and RSS reader since we have a similar health car related focus.

Check out my Health Care Law Blog. As a new Charlestonian - don't miss some of the Festivall activities.